Religious Union Meetings.

The Religious Union meetings begin tonight at Brooks House with an address by the Rev. Washington Gladden, on "Robert Browning's Argument for God."

The officers of the Union have formulated a definite policy for the work of the society, and in pursuance of this have secured several prominent speakers. Recognizing that the more executive religious interests of the University find ample provision in the Bible courses, devotional meetings and philanthropic activities carried on by the other societies, the Religious Union has taken as its express field the more specifically thoughtful side of religious life. The Union urges upon all its members some participation in active religion, but as a body devotes itself to the consideration of the problems of religious thought. In this consideration the society has no bar of creed or opinion, but invites to its meetings all who desire to reach a personal conclusion upon religious questions.

Throughout the coming year various meetings of the Union will be devoted to the consideration of religion from the points of view of men prominent in diverse fields of thought and work. Besides the opening meeting tonight, the following addresses have been arranged for November and December: November 3 Rev. W. W. Fenn, on "liberal Religion:" November 17-President Eliot, on "Religion from an Educator's Point of View:" December 15-professor Carver, on "Religion from a Sociologist's Point of View."

The meetings are held in Brooks House. Any member of the University may join after one of these meetings or by writing the secretary, D. D. Walton, Brooks House.