HARVARD WINS GOLF.

Princeton Beaten for Team Championship After Splendid Match.

MORRISTOWN, N. J., October 22, -- The University golf team won the intercollegiate golf championship at the Morris County Golf Club, Morristown, N. J., today, defeating Princeton by a score of 10 points to 6 1-2. At the end of the morning round of eighteen holes Princeton's score was 7 1-2 points to Harvard's 2 1-2, but in the afternoon the University team recovered itself and was able to win by 3 1-2 points.

The credit for this splendid showing is due to the combined efforts of H. C. and W. E. Egan, and Brown. H. C. Egan made the best individual score of the whole match with cards of 81 and 83, and defeated Pyne, his opponent, in the afternoon round by five up. W. E. Egan was seven up on Poole in the afternoon round. Brown was three down to Garretson in the morning, but by making the afternoon round in 81 and gaining five holes on the morning's play, won his match two up in a very exciting eontest.

Hollins was badly off his game all day and was unable to score against Reinhart in either round. Murdock made a plucky fight against Conklin, and in the afternoon gained one hole. The match between Chick and Baker was extremely close and both men played very steady golf. The individual scores in the final round were as follows: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Hollins,  0  Reinhart,  3 1- Murdock,  0  Conklin,  3 H. C. Egan,  3 1-2  Pyne,  0 W. E. Egan,  4 1-2  Poole,  0 Chick,  0  Baker,  0 Brown,  2  Garretson,  0 Totals,  10    6 1-2 The scores of the morning round were: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Hollins,  0  Reinhart,  0 Murdock,  0  Conklin,  3 1-2 H. C. Egan,  0  Pyne,  0 W. E. Egan,  2 1-2  Poole,  0 Chick,  0  Baker,  1 1-2 Brown,  0  Garretson,  2 1-2 Totals  2 1-2    7 1-2

The cards in both rounds were: Hollins, 85-85; Murdock, 83-83; H. C. Egan, 81-83; W. E. Egan, 84-83; Chick, 85-83; Brown, 85-81; Reinhart, 83-81; Conklin, 79-83; Pyne, 80-88; Poole, 84-86; Baker, 84-85; Garretson, 85-85.

The individual qualifying round of eighteen holes will be played tomorrow morning.