Memorial Society Records.

The Memorial Society has men at work on the old records of the University making out lists of the past occupants of the rooms in Hollis, Stoughton, and Holworthy as far back as the records can be found. It is the purpose of the Society to have placed in each room of these dormitories, when the work has been completed, a list of all the former occupants. When this list has been obtained as complete as possible from the records at hand a copy will be sent to each former occupant together with an invitation to subscribe a portion of the expense of the work. As soon as the amount necessary to cover the expense for any one room has been subscribed by the former occupants in this manner the list will be placed within that room, appropriately framed and covered with glass. The work will be left so that additions can be made at every change in occupancy.

So far, the oldest records found are those of 1805 and from that date the record seems to be complete. Both Stoughton and Holworthy were built after this date, but Hollis was built several years previous. Any information regarding the occupants of this dormitory before that time should be sent to C. G. Loring, Holworthy 22.