Harvard Team Statistics

Robert Peebles Kernan '03 captain and left halfback, prepared at the Brooklyn Polytechnic School, where he played three years on the football team at halfback, and was also on the baseball nine. He was on his Freshman team and in his Sophomore year was substitute on the University eleven. Last year was his first year as regular halfback on the University team. He has also been a member of the University baseball team for three years and during the last two years has been on the University track team. He weighs 172 pounds, is 6 feet tall and 21 years of age.

Edward Bowditch '03, right end, prepared at Groton. He played end on his Freshman eleven, and as substitute end on the University eleven in his Sophomore year played in both the Yale and Pennsylvania games. Last year he was regular right end on the University team. He is 21 years old, weighs 173 pounds, and is 6 feet tall.

Daniel Waldo Knowlton '03, right tackle, was prepared at Pomfret, where he played halfback on the football team and was on the base ball team for two years. He was tackle on his Freshman eleven, and substitute tackle on the University eleven in his Sophomore year. He is 6 feet 1 inch in height, weighs 196 pounds, and is 21 years old.

Charles Arthur Barnard 2L., left guard, prepared at the Central High School in Washington. He entered Harvard with the class of 1902, played substitute guard on his Freshman team, substitute guard on the University eleven in his Sophomore year, and is now in his third season as regular guard on the team. He is 22 years of age, weighs 201 pounds, and is 6 feet 2 1-2 inches tall.

Andrew Marshall 2L., right guard, prepared at Roxbury Latin School where he played two years on the football team at guard. He came to Harvard from Dartmouth where he graduated in 1901, after playing one year in the position of right guard. The one year residence rule prevented him from presenting himself as a candidate for the University eleven until this year. He is 6 feet 4 inches in height, weighs 211 pounds, and is 23 years old.

Charles Andrew Shea '04, left tackle, was prepared at Hopkinson's School. While there he played guard on the football team and first base and pitcher on the baseball nine. He was right guard on his Freshman eleven and substitute on the University team last year. His weight is 200 pounds, height 6 feet 2 inches, and age 22 years.

Cushing Frederic Wright '03, left tackle, was prepared at Phillips Exeter Academy, where he played on the football team. He was a substitute guard on his Freshman team, and played on the second eleven in his Sophomore year. He was substitute tackle on the University eleven last year. He weighs 192 pounds, is 6 feet in height, and 23 years old.

Phillip Overton Mills '05, left end, prepared at St. Paul's School, where he played tackle on the team for two years. Last year he was tackle on his Freshman team and rowed on the Freshman crew. He is 20 years of age, weighs 187 pounds and is 6 feet tall.

John Dudley Clark '03, left end, prepared at Hopkinson's School. For two years he was catcher on the baseball team and played end on the football team. He was end on his Freshman eleven, catcher on his Freshman baseball nine, and has been a substitute catcher and first base on the University nine. In his Sophomore year he played in the Yale game and was substitute end last year. He weighs 162 pounds, is 6 feet in height and is 21 years old.

Carl Bertrand Marshall '04, quarterback, prepared at Brookline High School, where he played halfback and quarterback. He played quarterback on his Freshman eleven and occupied the same position on the University eleven last year. He is 20 years old, 163 pounds in weight, and 5 feet 8 1-2 inches in height.

Eliot Thwing Putnam 2G., right halfback, prepared at the Roxbury Latin School, where he played two years on the baseball team and one year on the football eleven. He was substitute quarterback on his Freshman team, and played on the second eleven in his Sophomore and Junior years. In his Senior year he was a substitute on the University team and played last year in the Pennsylvania game. He is 23 years old, weighs 165 pounds, and is 5 feet 11 inches tall.

Thomas Hetherington Graydon '03, fullback, prepared at St. Paul's, Concord, where he played tackle and fullback for two years. He also rowed on the school crew. On his Freshman eleven he played tackle and in his Sophomore year was substitute tackle on the University eleven playing in the Yale game. Last year he was regular fullback on the eleven. He is 21 years old, weighs 183 pounds, and is 6 feet 1 1-2 inches tall.

John Tazewell Jones '04, substitute end, prepared at Phillips Exeter Academy, where he played tackle on the football team for four years. He played tackle on his Freshman team and was substitute tackle on last year's eleven. This is his first year in the position of end. He is 26 years old, weighs 180 pounds, and is 5 feet 11 inches tall.

Leo Jameson Daly '03, substitute quarterback, prepared at Roxbury Latin School and played on the baseball nine there. He was quarterback on his Freshman football team and has been on the University squad for the last two years. His height is 5 feet 9 inches, age 22, and weight 156 pounds.

William Clarence Matthews '05, substitute end, prepared at Phillips Andover Academy. While there he played end on the football team and shortstop on the baseball team for four years. For two years he was on the track team. He played second base on the Freshman baseball team and also on the University nine in the Yale game. This is his second year as substitute end on the University football team. His age is 25, he is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 158 pounds.

William Scollay Whitwell '03, substitute guard, prepared at St. Mark's, where he was substitute guard on the football eleven. This is his second year as substitute guard on the University eleven. His height is 6 feet 3 1-2 inches, he weighs 196 pounds and is 20 years of age.

James Atwood Burgess '04, substitute end, prepared at Exeter and played end on the school eleven. He was end and captain on his Freshman eleven and has been a substitute on the University team for two years. His weight is 165 pounds, he is 21 years of age and 5 feet 9 1-2 inches in height.

Daniel Joseph Hurley '05, right halfback, prepared at the Boston Latin School where he played on the football team and also rowed on the school crew. He played right halfback on his Freshman team last year. His height is 5 feet 9 inches, he is 20 years of age and weighs 162 pounds.

Alfred Stillman '03, substitute halfback, prepared at Hopkinson's School, where he played two successive years at tackle and halfback on the football team. He has pitched on the University baseball nine for three years. In his Freshman year he played on his class football team, and was substitute halfback in his Sophomore year on the University eleven. He weighs 178 pounds, is 6 feet tall and 21 years of age.

Theodore Gerard Meier, 2d, '04, substitute fullback, prepared at Stone's School. He was fullback on his Freshman team and rowed on his class crew. This is his second year as substitute back on the University eleven. He is 20 years old, 6 feet tall, and weighs 180 pounds.

Robert Maxwell Bleakie '04, substitute tackle, was prepared at Hopkinson's School. He rowed on the school crew and played centre for three years on the football team. He played centre on his Freshman eleven and this is his first year on the University team. In height he is 5 feet 11 inches, weighs 187 pounds and is 21 years old.

John Appleton Knowles '03, substitute halfback, was prepared at Hopkinson's School, where he played two years on the football team, and was substitute on the baseball team. In his Freshman year he played on his class football team and has been a candidate for halfback on the University eleven for the past two years. His age is 21, he weighs 166 pounds and is 5 feet 8 1/2 inches in height.

Edwin Kemper Mason 2L., substitute tackle, graduated from the Illinois Wesleyan University. While there he was substitute end on the football eleven for three years. This is his first year on the University squad. He is 22 years of age, 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.

Arthur Chandler Lyon 3L., substitute centre, prepared at the Rockford, Iowa, High School. Before coming to Harvard, he graduated from Iowa College, where he played fullback on the football team for two years. Last year he was on the second eleven, playing centre and right tackle. He is 27 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 194 pounds.

Horton Caumont Force 3L., centre, was prepared at Brown and Nichols School: Last year he was on the University squad. He played in the Pennsylvania game this fall. His age is 23, height 6 feet 4 1-2 inches, and weight 208 pounds.

Walter Thatcher Harrison '05, substitute fullback, prepared at Thayer Academy where he played four years on the school eleven. Last year he was substitute fullback on his Freshman team. This is his first year on the University eleven and he played in the Pennsylvania game. He is 21 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 179 pounds.

Walter Smith Sugden '03, centre, prepared at Phillips Andover Academy. He played on his Freshman team and has been a substitute centre on the University eleven for the last two years. His weight is 205 pounds, age 22 years, and height 6 feet.

William Jackson Clothier '04, substitute right end, prepared at Haverford, Pa., where he played three years on the football team and was also on the baseball and track teams. Before coming to Harvard he spent two years at Swarthmore where he played end on the football eleven. He was therefore ineligible to play until this year. His height is 6 feet 1 1-2 inches, weight 168 pounds, and age 21 years