Germanic Museum Report.

The annual meeting of the Germanic Museum Association was held yesterday in the Museum. Mr. Henry W. Putnam, the chairman of the association, submitted the annual report containing a resume of the work accomplished so far.

The Museum Association was formed in May, 1901, in part as the result of the activity of the Germanic Department of the University, but more immediately in response to a general interest taken by students of Germanic civilization throughout the country.

The Corporation set aside the Rogers Building for museum purposes and have appointed as curator Professor Francke. The building is ready for use and will soon be open to the public.

The collection contains the magnificent gift of the German emperor to the Museum, comprising a representative selection of the real masterpieces of German architectural sculpture. A very valuable collection of reproductions of gold and silverwares from the beginning of the fifteenth to the end of the eighteenth century has been given by a committee of the citizens of Berlin. Moreover the Swiss government has notified the association of its intention to send the Museum a collection of casts of mediaeval German art in Switzerland. In addition to these gifts Professor Francke has made numerous purchases in Germany during the last year. The report goes on to state the present needs of the Museum.

On the recommendation of the board of directors the constitution was amended so as to make possible the increase of the board of directors from sixteen to eighteen members.