LAW SCHOOL CREW WINS

Lowers the Record for the Course.--Seniors Win Consolation Race.

The Law School crew won the race for the class championship yesterday afternoon, at the same time lowering by two seconds the interclass record over the 1 7-8 miles course to 9 minutes, 15 1-2 seconds. The Senior crew, however, by finishing second, secured the class championship. The weather conditions for the race could not have been better; the tide was very high and consequently there was a strong ebb, which together with a good wind directly astern helped the crews to make unusual time. Among those who followed the race in the launch "John Harvard" were the Yale members of the athletic conference committee.

At the start the Senior crew got away first, followed by the Law School boat. The Sophomore crew, however, by rowing a 40 stroke, led by a length at the end of the first half mile. All four crews passed under the bridge together, the Sophomores having dropped to a 38 stroke, the Seniors rowing 36, and the Law School men 34. At the last quarter mile the race had become a close fight between the Law School and the Senior crews, both boats rowing a 34 stroke; but the greater power of the Law School crew forced their boat gradually ahead of the Seniors, who were rowing in good form; and a sharp spurt at the finish brought the Law School boat over the line half a length in the lead. The Junior crew passed the Sophomores at the beginning of the last half mile, finishing one length behind the Seniors, and with the Sophomore crew exactly one length astern.

The Law School crew rowed in the following order: Stroke, Cunningham; 7, Swaim; 6, Swift; 5, Anderson; 4, Perkins, captain; 3, Duffy; 2, Howe; bow, Bolling; cox., Green.

The consolation race between the Newell crews was won by the Seniors, the Junior crew coming in second, and the Sophomores third, with the second Junior crew from the Weld Boat Club last. At the finish the crews followed one another exactly one length apart. The time made by the Senior crew was 9 minutes, 28 seconds.

The Senior crew rowed in the following order: Stroke, Smith; 7, Bullard; 6, Gregg; 5, Platt; 4, Champollion; 3, Morris; 2, Ware; bow, Low; cox., Jackson, captain.