Department of Classics.

During the year 1902-03 the Classical Department will include in its curriculum eighteen courses not given this year. Most of these will be new courses, but a few have been revived from past years. Professor C. D. Buck of the University of Chicago will give two half courses during the first half-year, Classical Philology 70 and 71, an introduction to Indo-European Philology, and a comparative study of Greek and Latin grammar. In the second half-year, Professor H. E. Burton of Dartmouth will give Classical Philology 72, a half-course on the topography of Rome, and 46, an historical study of Livy. Greek 9 will be given as a full course instead of a half-course. Professor Goodwin will give two new courses on Aristotle and Aeschylus during the first half-year, Classical Philology 27 and 66. Another new course will be Greek 17, a study of four plays and their influence on subsequent art and literature, by Mr. Harris. Classical Philology 29, a half-course on Greek religion which was given four years ago, will be given again next year by Professor C. H. Moore.