CORNELL WINS LACROSSE.

A Hard Fought Game.--Poor Weather Conditions.--Score 6 to 3.

The University lacrosse team lost to Cornell yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field in a closely contested game by the score of 6 to 3. A strong wind down the field made accurate shooting impossible, and in the scrimmages that followed Cornell was able to get the advantage owing to superior weight.

Harvard was the first to score, but was unable to hold the lead, and the first half finished with the score of 4 to 2 in favor of Cornell. In the second half a slight brace was taken by the team which, however, only resulted in netting one goal and holding Cornell down to two scores. The work of the attack was especially ragged, while the defense was slow in starting and inaccurate in catching the ball. The work of Finlay, who played goal for Cornell, was the feature of the game.

Cornell is now practically assured of the inter-university championship, as their only remaining game is with Columbia, which is especially weak this year.

The line-up was as follows: HARVARD.    CORNELL. Kendall,  goal,  Finlay. Chaffee,  point,  Alexander. Wynne,  coverpoint,  Forrest. Stevenson,  first defense,  Armstrong. Hanavan,  second defense,  Wagner. Kibbey,  third defense,  Magoffin. Bennett,  centre,  Boesher. Penhallow,  third attack,  Winters. Alvord,  second attack,  Kelly. Michell,  first attack,  Wood. Hoguet,  outside home,  Bogart. Goddard,  inside home,  Ferguson.