Commencement Circulars.

The committee in charge of the circular on proposed changes for Commencement Day has already received some thousand replies from graduates. Nine-tenths of these replies emphatically endorse the proposed change without comment.

The committee has also received many valuable suggestions and advice as regards the proposed overflow meeting in the Union. The principal objection to an overflow meeting is that it will divide the interests of the day. The overflow meeting might be made so attractive in the Union that the interest in the regular dinner in Memorial Hall would be totally eclipsed, and the traditions of many years be destroyed. Many have requested that food be served at the overflow meeting, but this is unnecessary as the secretaries of all the classes provide a suitable lunch in rooms in the Yard on Commencement Day.

It has been suggested in many of the replies that the meeting at the Union be confined to men who have graduated in recent classes, while the exercises in Memorial Hall be confined to the older graduates.

As regards the proposed changes in dates in the original circular, no mention was made of the Senior dance and nothing was said about graduates' night at the Pop concert. The boat race and the Phi Beta Kappa meeting were arranged for the same day. All these dates are being carefully considered by the committee with the view that the final arrangements may be satisfactory.

All members of the Junior and Senior classes of the University are requested to send any suggestion or advice in regard to these Commencement changes to A. J. Gareeau 1L., Ashburton Place, Boston.