HOCKEY TEAM PLAYS PRINCETON

First Game of Intercollegiate Series in New York, Tonight.

The University hockey team will play with Princeton tonight its first game in the intercollegiate hockey series, at 8 o'clock in the St. Nicholas rink, New York. The halves will be twenty minutes long.

The team has now been practicing almost constantly for a month, but although the men individually are strong players, they have shown as yet but little team work. The most noticeable fault is a tendency of the defense to play up too far, and thus leave their territory exposed. In general, through the season thus far, the work of the team has been very varied, though on one or two occasions it has been excellent. Princeton has a very fast team, of the members of which Captain Purnell, Leake and McClave played last year. During the Christmas recess, Princeton played three games in Pittsburg, beating the All-Scholastic team 1 to 0, but losing the other two games to the Keystone team and the Victoria Hockey Club by scores of 5 to 0, and 9 to 2. Just before the holidays, Princeton was beaten 4 to 2, by the St. Nicholas hockey team.

The line-up tonight will be: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. MacLeod, f.  f., Parnell. Lovering, f.  f., Leake. Souther, f.  f., Larned. Foster, f.  f., O'Brien. Clothier, c.p.  c.p., McClave. Carr, p.  p., Rafferty. Litchfield, g.  g., King.