Basket Throwing Contest.

The silver trophy offered by the University basketball management to the man throwing the greatest number of goals in the basket-throwing contest will be awarded under the following conditions: Each contestant will be allowed ten throws at the basket at the north end of the Gymnasium. Of these ten throws three must be taken from the foul line, fifteen feet from the goal. Three throws must be made from any point on a straight line extending across the court and twenty feet distant from the goal line. A throw from the left side of the court at an angle of forty-five degrees and a throw from the right side of the court at the same angle, together with one throw from each of the corners at that end of the court, will complete the trial of each man. To be counted as a goal the ball when thrown must not touch the wire net work back of the basket.

The preliminary round will be held on Saturday and Monday afternoons. January 17 and 19. The best ten men will be qualified for the final round, which will take place on Tuesday evening, January 20, previous to the practice of the University squad.

A basketball for the use of all men entering the competition may be had from the janitor of the Gymnasium at any time. This ball must not be used for scrub games. All entries must be made before next Saturday night in the bluebook in the janitor's office of the Gymnasium. Any member of the University, eligible for a University team, may compete. The cup is now on exhibition at Thurston's.