HARVARD VS. WEST POINT.

A. Marshall to Play.--Only Four New Men on West Point Team.

The game with the United States Military Academy, at West Point this afternoon, will give the first thorough test of the University eleven's strength. Today the team will meet an eleven of weight almost equal to its own, composed of men of considerable football experience. The West Point team, with the exception of four men, is the same as the one which last year held Harvard down to a score of 14 to 6; on the other hand, only four of last year's University eleven will be in today's game.

Although the West Point team has played erratically at times and failed to score on Colgate on September 26, it easily defeated Tufts, 17 to 0 on October 3, and last Saturday defeated Dickinson, 12 to 0. The line is composed of heavy men who have shown fighting spirit, but it is hoped that the University line will be sufficiently strengthened by the addition of A. Marshall 3L., to make a good showing. C. D. Daly '01, who was captain of the 1900 University eleven, will not play today.

The score of the game after the first and second half will be telegraphed to the CRIMSON from the field, and will be bulletined in the Union.

The line-up: HARVARD.  WEST POINT. Le Moyne, l.e.  r.e., Gillispie Parkinson, l.t.  r.t., Graves Robinson, l.g.  r.g., Mettler Wilder, c.  c., Doe A. Marshall, r.g.  l.g., Riley Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Thompson Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Hammond C. B. Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Copp Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Farnsworth Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Hackett Harrison, Hanley, f.b.  f.b., Torney

Yesterday afternoon the first and second elevens went through light signal practice before leaving to take the Fall River boat for New York: This morning the squad will go to West Point from New York in a special sleeper, which will be held at West Point during the day, and will bring back the squad by way of Albany tonight, reaching Boston tomorrow morning.