No Score in Freshman Game.

In a hard-fought and exciting game played in a driving rain on Soldiers Field, Saturday, the Freshman football team tied Exeter, neither side scoring.

Exeter's advantage of superior weight was offset by inability to handle the wet ball, two touchdowns being prevented by fumbles near the goal line. The Freshmen, though outplayed, made a hard fight and showed a spirit of pluck and determination that was entirely lacking in the Groton game.

Hall and Sargent, ends, played a hard and reliable game. At tackle, Pierce played too high; Brill lacked fight in the first half and allowed many gains through him, but in the second half played with more life and followed the ball well, twice securing it after fumbles by Exeter. Sartwell ran the team fairly well, but in common with the other backs was extremely slow. A strong secondary defence was responsible for stopping many of Exeter's gains through the line.

The Freshmen kicked off. Exeter was unable to gain, and Greene punted 50 yards to the Freshmen's 30-yard line. The Freshmen were held for downs and kicked to the centre of the field from which point Exeter carried the ball by repeated short gains through the left of their opponents' line to the Freshmen's 15-yard line, where the half ended.

In the second half the Freshmen were again unable to gain any ground. Pierce fumbled the kick-off and Exeter secured the ball on the Freshman 40-yard line, carrying it to the 27-yard line, and there losing it on downs. The Freshmen in turn failed to make their distance, and their punt was blocked, Porter securing the ball for Exeter on the Freshmen's 8-yard line. In three rushes Exeter crossed the goal line, but McCormick fumbled on the last play and Hall secured the ball. The Freshmen kicked out to midfield and Exeter returned the ball by rushing to the 28 yard line. Exeter lost five yards for off-side play, and was then held for downs. The Freshmen punted to midfield, where they regained the ball for holding by Exeter, but were at once forced to punt. Exeter ran the punt back 25 yards and then rushed to the Freshmen's 10-yard line, where they fumbled, Brill falling on the ball. Exeter fumbled the next punt and Brill again secured the ball. The Freshmen at once lost the ball on downs, however, and Exeter rushed it to the Freshmen's 15-yard line, where time was called.

The line-up:

HARVARD 1907.  EXETER.Sargent, Lockwood, l.e.  r.e., ElderBrill, l.t.  r.t., PorterSibley, Roosevelt, l.g.  r.g., Allen, SeldonBacon, c.  c., BankartUpham, r.g.  l.g. MacFadyenPierce, r.t.  l.t., PeytonHall, r.e.  l.e., VaughanSartwell, q.b.  q.b., Heim, KinsellaLeatherbee, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Hart, ElliottWright, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Greene, BradleyReynolds, f.b.  f.b., McCormick, Mackli