Tennis Tournament Doubles Begin

The doubles of the fall tournament for the University tennis championship will begin on Jarvis Field this afternoon, and play in the singles will continue as heretofore. The rules of the tournament are the same for both the singles and the doubles. the attention of all contestants is again called to them.

Preference in courts will be given to all contestants, and no charge will be made for their use. Balls, however, will not be furnished. In all play previous to the semi-final round, the matches will be for the best two out of three sets and absolutely no deuce and advantage sets are to be played. Matches must be played on the day scheduled or be defaulted, but in case of rain the matches will be played on the following day. Contestants, unless by special agreement, must play at the exact time scheduled and if either side is more than thirty minutes late it will lose the match by default.

Score cards have been placed on the north wall of the CRIMSON office. The results of the matches must be posted there by the winners each day and in case the result of any game is not posted by 6.30 P. M., both sides will be considered out of the tournament.

The match played Saturday resulted as follows:

J. Morse defeated F. A. Perine, 6-3, 6-2.

The semi-final matches in the singles will be played tomorrow.

The matches to be played today are as follows:

At 2.30--B. S. Prentice vs. P. L. Miller; H. F. Mason vs. J. Morse; S. L. Beals vs. G. A. Lyon, Jr.; H. H. Whitman and E. Cross vs. C. W. Blossom and A. Wait, winners to play W. G. Graves and C. Jones at 3.30; W. C. Brooks and H. Davenport vs. W. G. Howard and W. F. Low, Jr.; F. T. Elliot and L. I. Neale vs. A. Schwab and M. Wertheim; J. Bramwell and E. Taft vs. O. D. Filley and L. Delano; J. Hinckley and L. King vs. A. Hoe and L. B. Stowe; H. S. Deming and D. Wadsworth vs. L. B. Duer and C. C. Hackett.

At 3--R. Bishop vs. H. V. Greenough.

At 3.30--F. J. Sulloway and W. M. Tilden vs. V. S. Manson and H. R. Sedgewick; H. Thatcher and H. I. Cobb vs. J. I. B. Larned and B. S. Prentice; L. B. Bacon and W. C. Cogswell, Jr. vs. F. W. Bird and A. Hunt: G. A. Gordon and partner vs. R. Dresser and P. L. Miller; C. Hutchins and R. Derby vs. H. Peabody and J. W. Lee; R. A. Wiswall and A. A. Dole vs. G. M. Colwell and F. A. Perine.

At 4--H. v. Greenough and D. Brannan vs. J. L. Stettinius and F. Ingalls; R. Bishop and G. A. Lyon, Jr. vs. M. Drinkwater and M. H. Ivy; J. C. Parrish, Jr. and D. Farrington vs. S. L. Beals and P. C. Stanwood