Practice of Cross Country Squad.

The cross-country runs are being held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, starting from the Locker Building at 4 o'clock. The men are divided into a fast and slow squad, and the runs vary from four to eight miles.

The aim of the work so far has been to develop new material, and to train all the men in endurance.

Next week a trial run will be held to pick the men for the training table. What course of training will be pursued thereafter depends upon the plans of the Intercollegiate Cross-Country Association. There will be a meeting of the Association in Philadelphia November 7, at which the place and date of the intercollegiate run will be decided upon and the character of the run will be determined. If a steeple chase run with a definite number of hurdles and jumps is to be held, a regular course will be laid out on Soldiers Field, as was done last year. If there are to be no definite obstacles a new policy will have to be adopted. Whatever training methods are pursued, however, the prospects for a strong team are bright. W. A. Colwell 3G., J. H. Hall 1G., J. H. Stone '04, A. King 1L., are all back, and there is a strong possibility that D. Grant 3M. also will run.