Preparations for Intercollegiate Shoot

In consequence of an ordinance of the city of Boston, which forbids the discharge of firearms out of doors within the city limits, the Shooting Club has been obliged to give up its grounds on Soldiers Field. Although the authorities allowed the shooting to go on last year, yet when complaint was made in June, the privilege had to be withdrawn. It is hoped that grounds may soon be obtained somewhere nearby.

Arrangements have been made to hold the intercollegiate meet next Saturday, at Wellington, Massachusetts, which is only ten minutes ride in the train from the North Station, Boston. Although there has been little opportunity for practice this fall, the Shooting Club expects to make a good showing at the meet, as there are four men back who shot on last year's team.

At the shoot with the Watertown Gun Club, Saturday, Harvard lost by four points. The men shot at 50 targets at unknown angles. The result follows: HARVARD. Marsalis,  42 Webster,  29 Ingalls,  43 Bancroft,  44 Hinckley,  32 Forbes,  30   220 WATERTOWN. Hodson,  44 Wright,  36 Morse,  40 Sprague,  35 Lane,  37 Woodruff,  32   224