1906 Defeats 1907 in Class Football.

In the second game of the interclass series, the Sophomores football team defeated the Freshmen yesterday by a score of 5 to 0. The rain and the wet, muddy field made swift, sure play difficult, but in spite of these conditions the offensive work of both teams was fast, and only three fumbles were made in the game.

In the first half, the Freshmen kicked off to the Sophomores. The Freshmen almost immediately regained the ball on a fumble and rushed it to the Sophomore's 7-yard line, where they were held for downs. After that the Sophomores rushed the ball steadily down the field, until time was called with the ball on the Freshmen's 15-yard line.

The Sophomores kicked off in the second half, and recovered the ball on downs after three centre rushes by the Freshmen. From the 40-yard line the Sophomores rushed the ball down the field until Gill was pushed over for a touchdown on a tackle-back play. Newhall missed the try for goal. The line-up: 1906.  1907. Upton, l.e.  r.e., Nichols Moller, Tucker, l.t.  r.t., Osborne King, l.g.  r.g., Wellington Sloan, c.  c., Frazer Thayer, r.g.  l.g., Bacon, Jenkins Gill, r.t.  l.t., Chapin Hooper, r.e.  l.e., Thompson Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Davis Cox, Grant, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Foster Lupien, Williams, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Tweed Harrington, f.b.  f.b., Jenkins Reynolds

Score--1906, 5; 1907, 0. Touchdown--Gill. Umpire--G. B. M. Collings '04. Referee--J. J. Mennix. Linesmen--C. W. Cate '07 and I. T. Burr '06. Time-keeper--F. K. Leatherbee '07. Time--15 and 10-minute halves.

The final interclass game, between the Seniors and the Sophomores, will be played tomorrow afternoon.