GERMANIC MUSEUM OPENING

Program of Notable Events Arranged for Opening Day Next Tuesday.

The formal opening of the Germanic Museum will take place next Tuesday, and it is now possible to give an account of the program of the day's exercises.

The Museum itself will be open for inspection to guests of the University on presentation of their tickets from 9 A. M. to 8 P. M.

At 3 o'clock the opening exercises will take place in the New Lecture Hall. Professor H. C. G. von Jagemann will be the presiding officer, and the following will be the speakers: Baron von Bussche-Haddenhausen, First Secretary of the German Embassy at Washington, who in the absence of Ambassador Baron von Sternberg, will present Emperor William's gifts; President Eliot, who will accept the gifts in the name of the University; Professor Kuno Francke, who will respond for the Germanic Museum; Hon, Carl-Schurz, as president of the Germanic Museum Association; Mr. Edward Robinson, as curator of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Professor William James, who will make the formal address of the meeting.

Admission to the meeting will be by invitation, seats being reserved for invited guests until 2.55 P. M. At that time all remaining seats will be open to members of the University. There will be no admission for the general public.

At the invitation of the President and Fellows, tea will be served at Phillips Brooks House for the guests of the University from 4.30 to 6 o'clock.

The House Committee of the Union offer the privileges of the club to the guests of the University on the day and evening of the opening of the Museum.

At 8 o'clock there will be given in Sanders Theatre, through the courtesy of Mr. Heinrich Conried, three German plays by the Irving Place Theatre Company, of New York. Tickets are required for admissions, and such tickets as have not already been applied for will be put on sale at Sever's on Thursday, November 5. The cast for this performance contains the names of Mr. Conried's best actors, and is as follows: Prologue to be spoken by  Fraulein Hedwig von Ostermann Der Fahrende Schuler im Paradies, by Hans Sachs. Ein Bauer  Herr Max Hanseler Eine Bauerin,  Herr Gustav von Seyfertitz Der Schuler,  Herr Matthias Claudius Die Geschwister, by Goethe. Wilheim,  Herr Otto Ottbert Fabrice,  Herr Richard Schlaghammer Marianne,  Fraulein Ida Frey Ein Brieftrager,  Herr Hermann Korn Unter Vier Augen, by Ludwig Fuida. Doktar Felix Volkart,  Her Otto Ottbert Hermine, Seine Frau, Fraulein Hedwig von Ostermann Baron von Berkow,  Herr Gustav von Seyfertitz Baumann, Diener,  Herr Max Hanseler Dienatmadchen,  Fraulein Ida Frey

The arrangements for the performance have been undertaken by the Deutecher Verein.