The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Communication.

Warren House Library Evening Hours.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed. Every communication must be accompanied by the name of the writer.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

In spite of the formal petition which voiced the immediate protest of a not inconsiderable number of students--chiefly graduates--the Corporation seems to feel it wise to hold to its policy of closing the Warren House libraries during the evening hours.

Though it III becomes the student body thoughtlessly to find fault with measures--least of all those of economy--which the authorities have seen fit to adopt, yet in this particular case the final word of remonstrance seems hardly to have been spoken. That the libraries in question are exceptionally convenient and valuable for a small, but perhaps not entirely negligible group of men who are doing graduate work must be perfectly plain to everybody. That these men, since they are few, scarcely fill the the libraries every evening, does not prove that the opportunity of working there at that time is not thoroughly desired and appreciated. Furthermore, these are precisely the men for whom, academic work in the evening is perhaps least unusual. To be sure, the reading room of Gore Hall is open until 10 o'clock. Unhappily; however, in the matters of ventilation, comfort and aesthetic encouragements, the reading room in Gore Hall is monumentally depressing. On the whole, therefore, one can but hope that the University may yet hit upon some measure of economy rather less undignified than the closing of its pleasantest library during some of the best hours of the working day. 1902.