FOOTBALL MEETING TODAY.

Coaches and Captains of Recent Years To Form an Advisory Association.

The captains and head coaches of the Harvard football elevens for the past seventeen years will meet this evening in the Union Club, Boston, to effect an organization which will be able to advise the men in charge of the football at the University, so that a definite policy and system of development may be carried on from year to year. The head coach, heretofore, has been appointed solely at the discretion of the captain of the team, who has had to interview as many of the old coaches as he could, in order to get from them their ideas as to how the development of the team should be carried out during the subsequent year. These ideas have nearly always been greatly at variance, and the newly-elected captain has been obliged to form his opinion and appoint his coach with practically no concerted advice. In this way it has been impossible to systematize the coaching so as to follow steadily a definite policy.

At the meeting tonight the following ex-captains and coaches are expected to be present: J. H. Sears '89, J. S. Cranston '91, A. J. Cumnock '91, W. C. Forbes '92, B. W. Trafford '93, B. G. Waters '94, R. W. Emmons, 2nd, '95, A. H. Brewer '96, E. N. Wrightington '97, N. W. Cabot '98, B. H. Dibblee '99, J. W. Farley '99, W. A. M. Burden '00, C. D. Daly '01, W. T. Reid, Jr., '01, D. C. Campbell '02, R. P. Kernan '03, and C. B. Marshall '04. A number of other players and coaches have been asked to attend.