Lecture by Professor Jaggar Today.

Professor T. A. Jaggar will give the fourth of the six Geological Museum lectures at 4.30 o'clock this afternoon in the Geological Lecture Room of the University Museum. His subject will be "The Scientific Problems of the Yellowstone Park" and will deal with problems of dynamical and structural geology as illustrated in that region of recent volcanic action. During the quarter hour preceding the lecture, considerable printed matter bearing on the subject will be exhibited on tables in the lecture room and will be explained by members of the department to those who may wish to examine it.

The lecture will deal with the structure of the lava fields and the sequence of volcanic eruptions which they record. With the aid of the stereopticon, the work of a field geologist will be illustrated, to show how the intricate earth processes in such a region are recorded and preserved. In conclusion, the geysers, boiling springs and gas-vents will be discussed and the work of the atmosphere in a high mountain region will be illustrated by views showing the present topography.

The lecture will be open to the public.