SEMITIC MUSEUM DEDICATION.

Exercises in Museum at 3.--Speeches by Pres. Eliot, Prof. Lyon and Others.

Exercises for the dedication of the Semitic Museum will be held in the large lecture room of the Museum this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Invitations have been sent to members of the Faculty, to all who have contributed to the Museum, and to representatives of many of the leading universities, colleges and theological schools.

President Eliot as the representative of the Corporation will formally receive the new building. Mr. J. H. Schiff, donor of the building, will speak for the visiting committee of the Semitic Department, of which he is chairman; Professor D. G. Lyon, the curator, will describe the history and growth of the Museum, and Professor C. E. Norton will speak for the Board of Overseers. An address will also be made by Dr. Cyrus Adler, librarian of the Smithsonian Institute of Washington, and curator of the Semitic section of the National Museum. The exercises will be followed by an inspection of the collections by the invited guests.

The Museum will be opened to the public for the first time tomorrow and will be open every day thereafter, Sundays and holidays excepted, from 9 to 5 o'clock.