Student Religious Conferences.

The annual conference of the presidents of the Christian Associations of universities and colleges in New England, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia and of certain Canadian colleges will be held in Phillips Brooks House, at the invitation of the Harvard Association, from April 16 to 19.

The conference last year was held at Union College, Schenectady, and the year before last at Princeton. Inasmuch as delegates are confined to newly elected presidents and secretaries, not more than 75 men are expected.

The purpose of the conference is to discover how student Christian Associations may best aid in the development of the moral and religous life in colleges to which they belong, and how they may create an increasing interest in philanthropic work and social service.

These conferences are ordinarily presided over by Mr. John R. Mott, but on account of his absence in Australia, either Mr. H. P. Anderson or Mr. A. B. Williams, both of whom are secretaries of the National Student Movement, will preside.

The St. Paul's Society has invited representatives from colleges where Episcopalian societies exist and representatives from certain other institutions to meet in Phillips Brooks House at the same time, with the purpose of studying how such organizations may be most useful in contributing to the religous life of colleges, and what their basis of co-operation with the Christian Association should be. About 25 delegates are expected.