YALE DEBATE TONIGHT.

Thirteenth Annual Harvard-Yale Debate in Sanders Theatre at 8 o'clock.

The thirteenth annual debate between Harvard and Yale will be held this evening at 8 o'clock in Sanders Theatre. The question for debate is as follows:

"The following facts being presupposed:

1. The existence of money claims by a European government against a South American State:

2. Such claims submitted by consent of both parties to the Hague Tribunal for arbitration:

3. An award by said Tribunal in favor of the European government:

4. The time and amount of payment fixed by the award:

5. Default of payment according to terms of the award:

6. A system of absolute free trade existing in the debtor state:

Resolved, That the United States should permit the European government to seize and hold permanently territory of the debtor state not exceeding in value the amount of the award."

Harvard selected the question and Yale chose to support the negative. The Harvard team, composed of F. B. Wagner 1L., I. Grossman 2L., and R. Lu V. Lyman '03, will give their opening speeches in the order named. In rebuttal the order will be Wagner, Lyman and Grossman. E. M. Rabenold '04 is alternate for Harvard. For Yale the opening speeches will be given by R. H. Ewell '03, Alan Fox '03, and C. D. Lockwood 3L., in the order named, and in the rebuttal the order will be the same. The Yale alternates are W. M. Adriance 1G., A. P. McKinstry '05 and J. H. Sears 2L. The main speeches will be twelve minutes in length and the rebuttal five. The judges will be: President Pritchett of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Provost C. C. Harrison of the University of Pennsylvania, and Dr. Arthur L. Brown of Providence, United States district judge of Rhode Island. Mr. Bliss Perry of Cambridge, editor of the Atlantic Monthly, will be the presiding officer.

The Harvard Debaters.

Isador Grossman '02, 2L., prepared for College at the Cleveland Central High School, where he was president of the Psi Omega Debating Society and commencement speaker in 1898. During his College course he received a scholarship each year, and a detur in his Junior year. In 1901 he won the Sumner Prize in International Law and a Boylston prize for public speaking. He has always taken an active interest in debating. In his Freshman year he was on his class team which debated against 1901, the next year he was on the Sophomore team which won the interclass debating championship in his Junior year he was on the second team for the Princeton debate and last year he was on the team which debated against Princeton. In the trials for the Princeton debate last year and for the Yale debate tonight he won the Coolidge prize. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society and the Daniel Webster Law Club.

Rollo Lu Veine Lyman '03, prepared for College at the Hyde Park High School in Chicago. In his junior year at Beloit College, Beloit. Wisconsin, from which he graduated in 1899, he debated on his college team which defeated Knox College, at Galesburg, Illinois. In his senior year he represented his college in the state oratorical contest, and won the privilege of representing the state of Wisconsin in the inter-state oratorical contest held at Lincoln, Nebraska. He is taking a special course in English at Harvard.

Fletcher Bernard Wagner 1L., attended the Indianapolis High School, where he was president of the High School "Senate" and represented the school in the state oratorical contest. He graduated from Stanford University. California, where he was a member of two debating teams against the University of California, winning the Carnot medal presented by Baron Pierre de Coubertin for debate. He was an editor of the Daily Palo Alto, the Sequoia and the Chaparral. He is a member of the Witenagemot Law Club.

Ellwood Milton Rabenold '04, alternate, prepared for College at the Reading (Pennsylvania) High School. Last year he was a member of the Sophomore team which defeated 1905 in the interclass debate, and this year was a member of the second team against Princeton. He is now president of the Junior Wranglers and treasurer of the University Debating Society.

The Yale Debaters.

Alan Fox '03, prepared for Yale at Andover. In his freshman year he was president of the Freshman Debating Union, and was on the Freshman class debating team. The next year he won the sophomore election prize and the Thacher debating prize. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, and president and manager of the Yale Football Association. This is the first time he has been a member of an intercollegiate debating team.

Charles Davenport Lockwood 3L., fitted for college at the Stanford (Conn.) High School. He graduated from the Sheffield Scientific School in 1900. In his senior year in the Sheffield School he was president of the Sheffield Debating Club and was one of the Class Day Historians. In the Law School he is president of the senior class and an editor of the Yale Law Journal. He has also been active in basketball and last year was captain of the university team. He was a member of the second team in the Harvard-Yale debate of 1900, and last year was on the Yale team which defeated Princeton.

Robert Hall Ewell '03, prepared at Andover, where he was actively interested in debating, taking part in the Philo-Forum debate and winning the Robinson prize. In his freshman year he was president of the Freshman Union and alternate for the Yale-Princeton debate. In sophomore year he was President of Camp Omega in the Sophomore Wigwam and alternate for the Harvard-Yale debate. He also debated against Harvard in his junior year and was a member of the team which debated against Princeton in both sophomore and junior years. He was president of the Yale Union and class orator in 1903