INTERCOLLEGIATE FENCING.

Tournament in New York Today and Tomorrow Between Six Teams.

The eleventh annual intercollegiate fencing tournament will begin tonight in the rooms of the New York Athletic Club. The bouts will be held tonight and tomorrow evening. Six colleges will be represented: Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, West Point and Pennsylvania. Each team will consist of three men and each man will fence with all the others except those from his own college. This system will give each contestant fifteen bouts.

The trophy which becomes each year the temporary property of the college winning the tournament, is a bronze statue of a swordsman, three and a half feet in height. Of ten tournaments which have been held, Harvard has won seven. West Point won last year, and Harvard stood fifth. West Point's team is made up of the same men as last year.

The University team has been having daily practice for the last four months, and should make a creditable showing in the coming touranment. The following men compose the team: H. St. Gaudens, captain, T. D. Roberts '03, H. J. Elam 2L., and H. W. Barnum 3L., substitute. They will leave for New York at 10 o'clock this morning.