CHESS MATCH UNDECIDED.

Adjudication This Morning of One Game Will Determine the Result.

The fifth annual cable chess match between Oxford and Cambridge, and Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia, is still undecided, each side having two and one-half games to its credit. Mr. H. N. Pillsbury, who represented the American team in London, will adjudicate the sixth and deciding game and announce his decision this morning.

At the expiration of the time limit on Saturday evening at 6 o'clock, the score was 2 1-2 to 1 1-2 in favor of the English team. On Friday Sawin (Y.) had lost to Davidson (O.); and on Saturday, Rice (H.), had drawn his game with Webb (Camb.), Sewall (Col.), had defeated Bateman (Camb.), and Keeler (Col.), had lost to Bumpus (O.) The games between Richardson (P.) and Roome (O.), and between Bridgman (H.) and Brown (Camb.) were still unfinished and Mr. Pillsbury was appointed to adjudicate them. He at once awarded the game between Richardson (P.) and Roome (O.) to Richardson, but postponed judgment until today on the game between Bridgman (H.) and Brown (Camb.) In this game Brown has a slight advantage, but the decision of a drawn game seems probable. The entire match will in this case be a draw, three games to three.

The summary as it stands at present is as follows: AMERICANS.    ENGLISH. Rice (H.),  1/2  Webb (C.),  1/2 Sewall (C.),  1  Bateman (C.),  0 Swain (Y.),  0  Davidson (O.),  1 Rich'd'n (P.),  1  Roome (O.),  0 Keeler (C.),  0  Bumpus (O.),  1 *Bridg'n (H.),  Brown (C.), Totals,  2 1/2    2 1/2

*Adjudicated by Mr. H. N. Pillsbury.

*Adjudicated by Mr. H. N. Pillsbury.