NINE STARTS ON SOUTHERN TRIP

Leaves Cambridge Today.-- Fordham Game Prevented by Rain.

The University baseball squad will leave the square at 4 o'clock this afternoon for the Southern trip, which will occupy the April recess. The men will go to New York by the Fall River boat, and tomorrow continue on to Washington, where they will stay at the Arlington Hotel. On Saturday afternoon, the team will play its first game with Georgetown, on the Georgetown College diamond. The squad will leave on Sunday evening for Annapolis, where they will stay until Friday noon. There two games with the Naval Academy will be played, on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Arriving in New York on Friday evening, the squad will spend the night at the Murray hill Hotel, and will go on to West Point by a special car the next morning. After the game with the Military cadets on Saturday afternoon, the special car will be connected with the 8 o'clock train for Boston, which will arrive on Sunday morning. B. Wendell 2L. will have entire charge of the coaching during the trip.

The following twenty-three men will be taken: Clark, Coburn, Coolidge, Carr, Daly, Greenough, Hutchinson, H. D. Kernan, Stephenson, Fischel, Hammond, Randall, Stillman, Skilton, Story, Mason, R. P. Kernan, Matthews, Murphy, Wendell, McMaster, Krumbhaar, and Weed.

The rain prevented the baseball game with Fordham yesterday, and as there remain no open dates on the University team's schedule, the game has been finally cancelled.