Pi Eta Play Graduates' Night.

The graduates' performance of Prince Punjab, the Pi Eta Society's new comic opera, will take place tonight at 8 o'clock in the club house on Winthrop square. There will be a matinee at the Hollis Street Theatre on Tuesday, April 21, and the Cambridge public performances will be given Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, April 28 and 29. Tickets may be obtained on application to L. S. Fuller, 32 Randolph Hall; also, for the Cambridge performances at Thurston's, and for the Boston performance at Herrick's or the box office.

The plot, by P. L. Coonley '03, is founded on a superstition of India which demands that any ruler who allows an idol of Buddha to be injured must be deposed to appease the god.

In the play, after the opening chorus for which the composer, A. W. Denison '03, has written some very stirring music, the rajah of Mandalay announces to his subjects assembled before his palace that there will be a festival on the morrow in honor of his nephew, "Prince Punjab." Punjab, the lawful heir to the kingdom, mysteriously disappeared when but a child at the time when his uncle usurped the throne. No sooner have the rajah and people retired than Punjab himself, now a wandering sailor who is unaware of his royal rights, abruptly enters and is shortly accosted by John Cass, an antiquarian and phrenologist from the British Museum. Cass tells Punjab that the right ear of the idol is the key to the kingdom, so together they break it off, and each takes half. Sthu Pid, the Chinese guardian of the idol, at once discovers the theft, and greatly frightened, is about to make s search, when he is interrupted by the arrival of Eben Roger, the Mayor of Unity, Maine, with his daughter, Lily, and her maid, Sue Brett.

The rajah, too, appears and, being informed by Captain Kahn of the guard, that the people are rising to demand the ear, the calls on Roger for assistance. Roger, however, is secretly presuaded by Sthu to join him in making an ear and gaining the throne. Cass, meanwhile, much worried by the stir the theft has caused, gladly makes use of an opportunity unexpectedly presented to give his half of the precious object to Princess Gara, daughter of the rajah.

Sthu and Roger next display to the people a box in which they say they have the missing ear, and as the Hindoo Priest declares that the finder of the ear is entitled to the throne, Sthu is acclaimed rajah. Thinking possibly to get back the ear, the old rajah makes love to Lily Roger and wins her; Sthu in turn is favorably received by Sue Brett. But all scheming is ended by Punjab, who meets the Princess in the Mango grove of the rajah's gardens and obtains her half of the ear as well as a promise of marriage. Now having the whole real ear he appears before the people and is recognized as their long lost prince.