BASEBALL WITH EXETER.

Fifth Game of the Season to be Played at Exeter This Afternoon.

The University baseball team will play Phillips Exeter Academy this afternoon at Exeter, N. H., in the fifth regular game of the season. As this is the first game since the Southern trip, a good chance is offered to get an idea of the strength of the team. Three of last year's team, which Harvard defeated by the score of 13 to 2, have returned to Exeter this year; and although the team has been playing listlessly, it has shown ability at the bat, and promises to be as strong as usual.

The squad will leave the Square at 12.30 o'clock, and will return to Cambridge immediately after the game.

The batting order of the teams will be as follows: HARVARD.  EXETER. H.D. Kernan, l.f.  s.s., Cinedella Coolidge, 2b.  l.f., Flock Matthews, s.s.  c., Cooney Randall, 1b.  2b., Rider Stillman, c.f.  p., Heim Clarkson, r.f.  3b., McCook R.P. Kernan, c.  r.f., Libbey Coburn, p.  1b., Evans Story, 3b.  c.f., Schwab

The practice of the baseball squad yesterday consisted of batting, and base-running for time. R. P. Kernan made the fastest time, circling the bases in 15 2-5 seconds. Regular infield and outfield practice concluded the afternoon's work.

Next Thursday the team will play Amherst in Cambridge at 4 o'clock, and on Saturday, Williams at 3 o'clock. On the intervening days, regular practice will be held on Soldiers Field.