1903 vs. 1904 in Lacrosse Today.

The first game of the class lacrosse championship series will be played between the Seniors and Juniors on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. R. B. Michell 3G., will act as referee. Two 20-minute halves will be played. Tomorrow 1905 will play 1906, and on Thursday the winners of the first two games will play the final game of the series.

The chances in the game today are in favor of the Juniors who have lost only two men from the team which won the lass championship last year, but the work of the Seniors has shown decided improvement within the past week, and the game should be by no means one-sided.

The squads are all farther advanced than at this time last year, and the material, with the exception of the Freshmen, is better in both quantify and quality. The Seniors are inaccurate in shooting and pass poorly, but have developed good team work land a fairly strong defence. The Juniors are strongest in attack and play well together, but the men on the defence tend to overrun their opponents. The Sophomores have a weak attack with a tendency to mass together. Their defence is fairly strong, but is easily drawn out. The Freshmen are still very poor in stick work and have developed little team play. They are, with a few exceptions, small and light, but have made creditable progress for novices.

The upper-class squads have been coached mainly by the class captains and D. P. Penhallow '03, captain of the University team. J. W. Sever '01M, and F. B. Taylor'99, have coached the attack and defence several times, and C. M. Guggenheimer '01 came on from New York to coach the players at goal for two days. J. A. Sayler 1L has charge of the Freshman squad.

Immediately after the class games a University squad will be picked and will commence practice on Soldiers Field under the direction of J. A. Leighton of Hobart College. The Freshman squad will continue to practice on Holmes Field.

The line-up today will be: 1903  1904 Tomlinson, g.  g., Leake Sugden, Spencer, p.  p., Tufts Smith, c.p.  c.p., Hawes Angle, 1st d.  1st d., Atwood Perry, 2d d.  2d d., Kibbey Hanavan, 3d d.  3d d., Hoguet Penhallow, c.  c., Bennett Parson, 3d a.  3d a., Hersey Cady, Munroe, 2d a.  2d a., Bourne Wiggin, 1st a.  1st a., Edwards Walsh, o.h.  o.h., Smith Baker, i.h.  i.h., French