The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Dean Defeats freshman Nine

The Freshman baseball nine was defeated by the Dean Academy team at Franklin, yesterday, by the score of 10 to 5. The work of the Freshmen, especially in view of the fact that the game with Yale freshmen comes Saturday was very discouraging. Their fielding as shown by fourteen errors, was wretched, and they were wholly unable to bat successfully. The base-running was careless and slow, and the throwing, especially that of Quigley, exceedingly wild. In the outfield the men were slow in starting, weak in throwing and showed poor judgement, while team work was almost wholly lacking in the infield. After making due allowance for poor support, Taylor's pitching was disappointing, as Dean hit him almost at will. Nichols played well at first base. The Dean team was, as a whole, fairly strong in all departments of the game, and their batting was especially notable. Greene pitched a good game for Dean.

The Score by innings:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  r  h  e Freshmen,  0  2  2  0  0  0  0  0  1  5  8  14 Dean,  1  1  1  0  3  1  2  0  10  10  5