TRACK TEAM LEAVES TODAY.

Cheering in Square at 8.--Forty-three Men Will be Taken to New Haven.

The Harvard Mott Haven team will leave the square this morning at 11.15 to take part in the intercollegiate games at Manhattan Field on Friday and Saturday. The training of the team during the past week has not differed from that in preparation for the dual games, except that the 100 yards dash men have been given work enough to enable them to stand three heats instead of two.

First place in the games is conceded to Pennsylvania, and second place should lie between Harvard and Princeton, with the chances slightly in favor of Harvard. Harvard will have to depend for her score almost entirely upon second, third and fourth places, since the team contains no stars, but has a consistent all round development.

In the 100 yards dash Haigh should get second place. Batter is also entered and may be depended upon to run a strong race.

In the 220 yards dash Haigh should press Boardman of Yale close for second place. Clerk has shown almost as much speed as Haigh, and will finish well up.

Clerk is the only entry in the 440 yards run, and should score. Harvard has no entries in the 880 yards run.

In the mile Knowles should get fourth place. Clark and Swan in this event have improved in condition since the Yale games, and one of them may score.

In the two mile run Richardson and Foote should secure second and third to Grant of Pennsylvania, with a slight chance of one beating him out at the tape.

Hallowell should run second to Kraenzlein of Pennyslvania in the 120 yards high hurdles, and he and Willis should fight it out between them for second and third in the 220 yards low hurdles. Abercrombie is also entered in the hurdles.

In the high jump Rice should win, with Rotch a very close second.

In the broad jump Shirk and Ristine are entered. Shirk may be depended upon for a place, while Ristine's showing will depend upon the condition of a troublesome strained tendon.

Boal is the only entry in the hammer throw. He is about even with several others, and first place will probably be the result of a lucky throw by anyone of them.

Harvard has no entries in the shot put or pole vault. A. G. Mason '00, T. Gerrish '01 and Mr. Lathrop will accompany the team to New York.