$50,000 FOR CONTAGIOUS WARD

Corporation Announces Another Large Gift of Mr. James Stillman.

At the meeting of the Corporation Yesterday the announcement was made of a gift of $50,000 from Mr. James Stillman of New York, the donor of the Stillman Infirmary, for a ward for contageous diseases in connection with the Infirmary. This sum is nearly as much as one-half the cost of the present building, and the addition, besides filling a great need, will very largely increase the ward room of the Infirmary. Action will soon be taken on the preparation of architectural plans for the building.

It was announced at this meeting that Professor C. R. Sanger had been elected director of the Chemical Laboratory to fill the vacancy caused by the death of Professor H. B. Hill.

The following appointments were made for one year from September 1, 1903: H. R. Meyer, lecturer on economics; F. S. Converse, instructor in music; D. C. Rogers, assistant in philosophy; C. M. Dumas, assistant in French; H. M. Boylston, assistant in Metallurgy; P. S. Smith, instructor in geology. The following re-appointments were made for one year from September 1, 1903: J. W. Goldthwaite, Austin teaching fellow in geology; C. H. Ashton, instructor in mathematics; D. H. Webster, Austin teaching fellow in economics.