PROFESSOR PAINE'S "AZARA."

Selections in Concert Form to be Given Tonight for First Time.

The first public production of the new opera "Azara" by Professor J. K. Paine h.'69, will be given in concert form in Chickering Hall, Boston, this evening at 8 o'clock. The larger part of the three acts will be sung by soloists and a chorus, with a piano accompaniment.

Although based on a mediaeval Provencal theme, the opera is thoroughly modern in style and contains many passages of remarkable lyrical and dramatic beauty.

The presentation tonight will consist of the chief musical scenes of the opera. Professor Paine himself will play the orchestral scene opening the second act, and the principal parts throughout will be taken by the following soloists: Miss Grace L. Bradbury, soprano; Miss Rebecca W. Cutter, soprano; Mrs. Vincent A. Lyman, mezzo soprano; Mrs. Albert Thorndike, contralto; Mr. Ernest R. Leeman, tenor; Mr. David A. Tobey, baritone; Mr. Ralph E. Brown, bass; and Mr. George A. Tyler, bass.

The opera will be sung in English and the arrangement and words will be printed in full on the programme. Seats are on sale at Chickering Hall at $1.00 each.