Freshmen, 10; Sophomores, 9.

The Freshman baseball nine defeated the Sophomore team yesterday in the second game of the interclass series by the score of 10 to 9, and thus earned the right to play the Seniors in the final game for the championship on Thursday. The game, though characterized on the whole by poor playing, was very exciting in the last two innings. At the beginning of the eighth inning the Freshmen were well in the lead, the score standing 7 to 1, when the Sophomores by means of good batting, assisted by three errors on the part of their opponents, brought in seven runs. In the last inning, however, the Freshmen scored three more runs by two base hits, an error and a base on balls, thus winning the game.

The Freshmen batted well and with the exception of the eighth inning played a good fielding game. The Sophomore team showed lack of practice. For the Freshmen, Bradbury at short stop and Nichols at first bast played the best games. Except in the eighth inning Castle showed good control. Joy at first base played well for the Sophomores. Score by innings:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  r.  h.  e. Freshmen,  0  0  1  3  1  1  1  0  3  10  11  4 Sophomores,  1  0  0  0  0  0  0  7  1  9  8  5