Rust Elected Track Captain.

E.C. Rust '04 was last night elected captain of the University track team for next year. Rust lives in Boston, and prepared for college at the Noble and Greenough School, where he ran for two years on the track team and was captain of the school nine. In his Freshman year he was second in the 440-yards run in the intercollegiate games, and won this event in the international meet, defeating Boardman of Yale. Last year he was third in both the 440-yards and 220-yards in the international games and won the 440-yards in the dual games. Rust has been unable to run this year on account of an injured knee.

The prospects for a strong track team next year are fairly good. Of the 43 men who competed in the dual games this year the following 27 men will probably return to College next year and will be eligible for the dual and Mott Haven games: W. A. Schick '05, L. Grilk '04, M.Y. Perkins '06, W.G. Clerk '03, E.J. Dives '06, S. Curtis '05, W. A. Colwell 2G., A. King '03, J.N. Hall '03, J. H. Stone '04, A. Dana '06, E. P. Trott '05, F. W. Bird '04, F. R. Bauer '04, A. Peterson '04, J. Q. Tingley '05, F. H. Schoenfuss '04, C. H. Robinson '04, J. A. Burke '04, R. Oveson '05, R. Robeson '05, R. E. Crane '05, W.B. Jordan '06, D. R. Ayres '05, R. B. Gring '05, E. M. Sawyer '04, A. Robeson '04.