The Harvard-Brown Game.

Communications.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed. Every communication must be accompanied by the name of the writer.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Forty Harvard graduates in Providence, who went to the Harvard-Brown game in this city last Wednesday, saw Harvard play the most listless baseball that has been seen here this season. When a nine has done well during the year, it may seem to some unnecessary to criticize it adversely for one bad game, but it is only in the hope that the slump may be recognized and checked in time that these lines are written.

It was not because the game was lost that the team deserves censure, but because it was lost by such wretched and lifeless work. Only one Harvard man reached second base and he was forced there by a base on balls. Repeatedly the Harvard men walked to the plate and were called out on strikes without swinging the bat. They came to the plate with the same indifferent aim that they used in walking to their places in the field, as if the game bored them or as if they considered the team that had won a series from Yale and kept Princeton and Pennsylvania from scoring as unworthy of arousing their best energies. In short, the impression they made upon five thousand spectators reflected no credit upon Harvard athletics.

The little bunch of Harvard graduates who saw this miserable exhibition did their best to wake up the players with cheers: that nine must be made to realize that such lifelessness against Brown (and it appeared also against Princeton) may lead to lifelessness against Yale. A GRADUATE.