Basketball Practice Unsatisfactory.

In the basketball practice yesterday afternoon the University team defeated the second team by the score of 44 to 24. At the close of the first half the score stood 24 to 22 in favor of the first team, but with a slightly changed line-up on both teams in the second half, the first was able to run up a large score.

The work of the first team as a whole was poor and only occasional brilliant individual plays were noticeable. Both the passing and the floor work of the men were slow and repeatedly openings were lost by hesitation. Fumbling characterized the work of both teams, the men showing an inability to keep the ball off the floor. There is a tendency also to follow the ball too closely, not spreading out enough to receive passes. In shooting for goals both teams were accurate, which accounted for the large total score.

The fourth intercollegiate game for the University team will be played with Princeton in the Gymnasium next Saturday evening at 8 o'clock.

The line-up yesterday was as follows: UNIVERSITY.  SECOND. Underwood, R. Hall, l.f.  r.f., R. Hall, Rankin Grant, r.f.  l.f., Henderson Randall, c.  c., Arnold, K. Smith Bigelow, l.g.  r.g., Gallagher K. Smith, Gring, r.g.  l.g., Stinckfield, E. Hall