Basketball Plans and Prospects.

Candidates for the basketball team will be called out on November 21, and the class series will commence as soon thereafter as possible. Cups to be given to the winning team, have been presented by Mr. D. M. Osborne '84, of Auburn, N. Y. At the close of this series the University squad will be picked, and a team made up to play on the Christmas trip. The men who do not make the University squad will be given a chance to play in a scrub series, in which prizes will be awarded members of the winning team.

The University team will not compete in the intercollegiate league this year. Games will be played on Thursday and Saturday afternoons, instead of on Wednesdays and Saturdays, as was the custom last season. The first game scheduled to be played in Cambridge is on January 12.

The prospects for this year are very bright in spite of the loss of H. B. Bigelow '04, R. B. Gring '05, C. M. Underwood '02, and K. Smith '05. There are many good men left from last year's squad, among them J. F. Henderson '05, captain for this year; F. H. Stinchfield 3L., R. M. Arnold 3L., W. O. Dapping '05, C. W. Randall '05, L. F. Swift '05, F. H. Smith '05, R. M. Hall '05, R. McC. Gallagher '06, and R. F. Griffiths '06. There is also a great deal of good material from last year's Freshman team.