HARVARD GOLF CHAMPION

Defeated Yale, 13 1-2 to 7.--Individual Tournament Begins Today

For the seventh time in nine years the University golf team won the intercollegiate team championship, by defeating Yale by the score of 13 1-2 to 7 at the Myopia Hunt Club course at Hamilton yesterday. At the end of the morning round of 18 holes the Harvard team had a lead of 3 1-2 points, which it increased to 6 1-2 in the afternoon.

The members of the University team all exhibited good form, and an excellent showing was made. The match between H. C. Egan '05 and Behr of Yale was very close, the men finishing even up in both their morning and afternoon rounds. M. McBurney '06 played a uniformly brilliant game and established a 36-hole record for the course with a card of 163.

Play for the individual championship, open to members and the substitute of each team, will begin this morning with a qualifying round of 18 holes. Sixteen men will qualify, and the first round of match play will be held this afternoon; the finals, at 36 holes, will be played on Saturday. Columbia has entered two men, H. C. Blake and A. A. Palmer.

The Intercollegiate Golf Association yesterday elected the following officers for the ensuing year: president, M. McBurney '06; secretary, D. Laird, of Princeton; treasurer, C. W. Watson, of the University of Pennsylvania.

Following is the summary, the score being reckoned on the basis of one point for each individual match and one-half a point for each hole won: HARVARD.      YALE. H. C. Egan,  0  Behr,  0 McBurney,  6  Reid,  0 W. E. Egan,  4  Smith,  0 Chick,  3 1/2  Phelps,  0 White,  0  Clow,  1 1/2 Ingalls,  0  Abbott,  5 1/2   13 1/2    7