Cornell Won Cross Country Run.

Cornell, won the intercollegiate cross country run for the third consecutive time, on Wednesday, over the course at Travers Island, New York. The Harvard team was fourth. Of the first six men to finish, the first, second, fourth, and fifth places were won by Cornell, with Yale third and Columbia sixth.

The course, which was 6 1-4 miles in length, led from the centre of the athletic field at Travers Island over a causeway to the mainland, through the Pelham Manor woods towards New Rochelle, and then back by the shore road. This circuit was covered three times and was provided with a number of jumps and ditches, the final 300 yards being run on a cinder path.

Of the 33 men who started, 31 finished. Jackman of Harvard retired at the beginning of the race on account of a sprained ankle. All of the Cornell men finished in the first twenty-one places, E. T. Newman of Cornell winning the individual championship. At the start Newman took the lead, closely followed by C. Magoffin, also of Cornell, and W. Hail of Yale. Newman maintained his lead throughout the race, finishing in 32 minutes, 52 seconds, which is 23 seconds faster than the time made by W. F. Schutt, of Cornell, last year.

Of the University team, W. G. Howard '07 was the first to finish, and came in in seventh place. The remaining men finished as follows: S. Whitaker 3L., twelfth; K. W. Lamson '06, thirteenth; M. S. Crosby '08, twentieth; H. H. Rowland '06, twenty-fourth. The scores of only the first four men to finish on each team were counted.