1906 WON CLASS BASKETBALL

Defeated Sophomores by a Score of 16 to 9. Play Was Fast and Determined.

The Juniors won the class basketball championship last night by defeating the Sophomores in a spectacular match by a score of 16 to 9.

The play at first was defensive on both sides, and the half ended with the score only 6 to 5 in favor of the Juniors. In the second half, however, the steady and consistent work of the 1906 team, opposed to the unreliability of the Sophomore team at critical moments, succeeded in scoring four baskets for the Juniors. Gallagher for 1906, and Burnham for 1907, played the best games. The contest was fast and determined throughout.

The line-up follows: 1906  1907 Jones, Mendel, r. f.  l.f., Murray Gallagher, l.f.  r.f., Reed, Howard Griffiths, c.  c., MacAusland Proctor, Macomber, r.g.  l.g., Goode Montgomery (captain), Wye, l.g.  r.g., Burnham (captain)

Score--1906, 16; 1907, 9. Baskets from the floor--Murray 2, Proctor, Reed, Gallagher 3. Griffiths, Burnham. Baskets from fouls--Jones 6, Murray. Fouls called-on 1906, 7; on 1907, 12. Referee--J. W. Gilles 3L. Umpire--J. F. Henderson '05; Timekeepers--W. A. Spencer '06, S. L. Kahn '07. Time-20-minute halves.

No cut will be made at present, but all the members of the upperclass squads will report this evening for University practice. A first and second team will be picked before the Christmas recess, however, preparatory to entering upon the schedule of University games.

All the men who played last night on the Junior team will receive class basketball numerals. Montgomery, Jones, Gallagher, Griffiths and Proctor will receive cups awarded by T. M. Osborne '84.