Athletic Meetings in New York.

The Intercollegiate Cross-Country Association, at the annual meeting held in New York Saturday, elected for the ensuing year the following officers: president, R. E. Sard '05 of Harvard; secretary, C. T. Neal of Yale; treasurer, J. H. Carter of Pennsylvania; manager, F. B. St. John of Princeton.

The association decided to sanction the holding of the intercollegiate cross-country meet at the World's Fair in St. Louis on November 17, and voted to change certain by-laws relating to entrance fees.

The executive and advisory committees of the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America, at the meeting held in New York on Saturday, chose the officials submitted by Referee J. F. Sullivan for the intercollegiate games to be held at Philadelphia on May 27 and 28. They are practically the same as for the last four years, with the exception of the finish judges.

The following suggestions were made to the referee: first, that the 440-yard run be started from the same place as the 220-yard run as is now done in the Harvard-Yale games second, that a judges' stand be erected at the finish two feet above the ground and four feet from the track. Such a stand will enable the judges to see the relative position of the inside runner. Another meeting of the executive and advisory committees will be held at Philadelphia on April 23.

P. Dana '04 represented the University at both meetings.