1907 Lacrosse Team Defeated Stevens

The Freshman lacrosse team, in its last game of the season, defeated the Stevens Institute of Technology 1907 team on Soldiers Field Saturday by 3 goals to 2. The game was fast and two of the Freshmen's goals were score in the first five minutes of play. Then by their superior team-play, the Stevens attack kept possession of the ball, and were only prevented from scoring more than twice by the Freshmen's strong defence and by the excellent goal-keeping of Tucker. At the end of the regular halves the score was 2 to 2. In an extra five minutes of play to decide the tie, the Freshmen made their third goal. Harvard 1907.  Stevens 1907. Tucker, g.  g., Cowenhoven Beale, p.  i.h., De Mott Marsters, c.p.  o.h., McBurney Prizer, 1 d.,  1 a., Scammell Kempner, 2 d.  2 a., Demarest MacAusland, 3d.  3 a., Hoys McKay, c.  c., Bennett Ackerman, 3 a.  3 d., Poluheamns Robinson, 2 a.  2 d., Correa Stoddard, 1 a.  1 d., Hughes Hirsh, Dole, o.h.  c.p., Turnbull Comey, i.h.  p., Greene

Score--Harvard 1907, 3; Stevens Institute of Technology 1907, 2. Goals--Stoddard 2, Robinson, McBurney, Scammell. Referee--D. P. Penhjallow '08 Halves--20 minutes.