BASKETBALL WITH U. OF P.

In Gymnasium at 8 o'clock Tonight.--Chances Favor the Harvard Team.

The University basketball team will play the University of Pennsylvania team in the Gymnasium this evening at 8 o'clock. Admission will be 50 cents and reserved seats 75 cents. Tickets will be on sale at the door.

The University team has been improving slowly and still lacks the finish acquired by practice. The team play, however, is better than at this time last year and gives promise of good development. The defence is weak, the guards not covering properly, and the forwards still lack accuracy in throwing baskets and in scoring fouls.

Although three men and a substitute of the Pennsylvania team of last year, which was second in the intercollegiate series, are back this year, the team has lost several easy games. For this reason the chances seem to favor Harvard.

Following is the line-up: HARVARD.  PENNSYLVANIA. Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Lawrence Griffths, r.g.  l.g., Ehlers or Fales Snyder, c.  c., McCrudden Henderson, l.f.  r.f., Runkel Murray, r.f.  l.f., Flint