1906 Defeated 1905 in Hockey.

After a very rough and exciting game Saturday on the Stadium rink, 1906 won the second match of the interclass hockey series, defeating 1905 by the score of 2 to 1. Both teams exhibited fair team work, but the play was so rough that accuracy was impossible. The Junior forwards showed better ability than the Seniors in keeping possession of the puck in the first half, and scored one goal.

In the second period the play was very rough and little consistent team play was shown on either side. The 1905 forwards, however, with better stick work, succeeded in shooting one goal and were only prevented from scoring further by the strong defense of the Juniors. Just before the close of the half, Nesmith, the Junior coverpoint, took the puck down the ice and shot the second goal for 1906.

The summary: 1905.  1906. Prentice, l.e.  r.e., Farrelly Greenough, l.c.  r.c., Moore H. C. Egan, r.c.  l.c., Tilney Whidden, Kernan, r.e.  l.e., Holland Aertsen, c.p.  c.p., Nesmith Colby, p.  p., Vidaud Hinckley, g.  g., Warren

Score--1906, 2; 1905, 1. Goals--Moore 1, Nesmith 1, Kernan 1. Referee--H. W. Nichols '07. Goal-umpires--C. R. D. Meier '05, C. P. Harrington '06. Timekeeper--L. M. Thornton '05. Time--15-minute halves.

--

The final game for the class championship, between the Juniors and the Sophomores, will be played in the Stadium tomorrow afternoon at 4 o'clock.

--