Political Club Meeting Tonight.

The first meeting of the Political Club this year will be held in the Randolph Breakfast Room at 7.30 o'clock this evening. Mr. Robert A. Woods, of the South End House, Boston, a student of social problems and the author of many books, including "A City Wilderness," will speak on "The Background of City Politics." The meeting will be open to members of the Political Club and to all who desire to become members. After the address there will be an informal discussion and refreshments.

This year the club expects to hold regular meetings every three weeks, as well as one or two large meetings, open to all members of the University. Mayor Daly of Cambridge will give an address on Wednesday, January 18, and Mr. C. J. Bonaparte '71, of Baltimore, will speak on March 21. A number of other addresses are being arranged, including one by ex-Mayor Low of New York. The club is working this year, as last, in conjunction with a committee of college men in New York City who are trying to interest students in all the Eastern universities in municipal politics, especially in New York City. This organization, headed by R. Bayard Cutting '97, guarantees to give any college man an opportunity to enter New York City politics next year, no matter what his party may be.

Men desiring to join the Political Club may submit their names to C. C. Neville, Craigie 508, to be passed upon by the membership committee, or may hand in their names at the meeting tonight.