Work on Medical School Buildings.

Owing to the severe winter, the work on the new University Medical School buildings has been somewhat delayed. Work was begun last November, and as the contract called for completion in twenty-three months, the buildings should have been finished a year from this summer. Since, however, they will not be completed until the fail of 1905, and since the School cannot afford to run two establishments, the new buildings will not be entered until the following summer.

The walls of the building which will contain the Hygiene and Pharmacological Departments are completed and two thirds of the work on the walls of the Bacteriological and Pathological Building has been done. Some of the marble work and the foundations have been finished for the Administration Building, and the building for the Department of Physiology. Physics, and Chemistry. The interior iron work and the foundations of the building for the Department of Anatomy and Histology have also been completed.

The new buildings are situated on a lot fronting on Longwood avenue. Brookline, and contained in the plot bounded by Longwood avenue. Huntington avenue, and Villa street. The old building on Boylston street, behind the Boston Public Library, will be sold.