Freshman Team Plays Exeter

The Freshman football team will play its second game of the season with Phillips Exeter academy at Exeter this afternoon. As Exeter defeated Bowdoin by the score of 12 to 0 last Saturday, the chance for a Freshman victory today is very uncertain.

The many injuries received by some of the best men on the Freshman squad and the irregularity with which a number of the other man have reported for practice have greatly handicapped the development of the team during the past week. Of the men who reported for practice the first day, only 15 have been dropped. At the practice yesterday, however, there were 31 unexcused absences. As a result a number of backfield candidates had to be used to fill in the line positions on the second team. Robinson and Cutting, two of the most experienced players on the squad, will not be in the game today, on account of injuries.

The line-up will be: FRESHMEN.  EXETER. Tappan, r.e.  l.e., Vaughn Gilbert, r.t.  l.t., Hunters Hoar, r.g.  l.g., MacFadyen Forcheimer, c.  c., C. Cooney Nourse, l.g.  r.g., Blain Severance, l.t.  r.t., Howes Nickerson, l.e.  r.e., Gilroy Simmons, q.  q., Bergen Grosvenor, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Weitzel Clark, l.h.b.  r.h.b., M. Cooney Colton, f.b.  f.b., Hart