INTERCOLLEGIATE GOLF

At Garden City Today.--Bright Prospects for University Team.

The ninth annual tournament of the Intercollegiate Golf Association, composed of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia and Pennsylvania will begin today on the Myopia Hunt Club course at Hamilton. This morning, in the preliminary round of the team matches, Princeton will play Pennsylvania, and the winner will play Yale in the afternoon. Harvard is paired with Columbia for the afternoon, but the latter team had not arrived at a late hour last night and if it does not enter, new drawings will be made. Tomorrow the final round of the team matches, at 36 holes, will be played.

The University team, composed of H. C. Egan '05, captain; W. E. Egan '05, W. C. Chick '05, M. McBurney '06, A. L. White '06, F. Ingalls 1L., and P. A. Proal '05, substitute, is in excellent form and should again win the championship, since the other teams are not as strong as they were last year.

The competition for the individual championship, open to the members of each team and the substitute, will begin Thursday morning with a qualifying round of 18 holes, sixteen men to qualify; the finish, at 36 holes, will be played on Saturday.

Harvard has won the team championship for the past two years. F. O. Reinhart '05, of Princeton, was the individual champion last year.